Michael O'Brien, Ed.D.
Dr. Michael O'Brien, O'Brien Group's CEO, one of the country's foremost executive leadership educators in the healthcare industry, has been a pioneering force in
helping senior executives and their teams lead better and achieve more in the face of some of the most dramatic changes the industry has ever seen.
A successful executive educator and CEO, Michael is also a dedicated leader, teacher, author and sought-after speaker in the industry. He has addressed association and executive meetings throughout the U.S., including AHA's Center for Healthcare Governance, ACHE, The Governance Institute, ASHRA and many other leadership, executive and board retreats.
Through his books, articles, workshops and his coaching with senior teams, Dr. Michael O'Brien helps executives and their teams break through to new ways of thinking that evidence shows result in improvements in operations, financial results, and clinical performance.
- Quicksilver: A Revolutionary Way to Lead the Many and the Few -Beginning with YOU (Sombrero Press, 2010)
- Profit From Experience: A guide to knowing yourself and influencing others (Berkley, 1998; O'Brien Group, 2003).
- Dr. Michael O'Brien has also published articles in Trustee, Health Pulse, Healthcare Executive, Healthcare Financial Management and Health Leaders.
- M.Ed., University of Cincinnati
- Ed.D., Corporate Training and Human Resources Development, Cognitive Psychology emphasis, University of Cincinnati
- SSM Healthcare
- Premier Healthcare Alliance
- Mercy Health (formerly Catholic Health Partners)
- Mt. Carmel Health System
- Mayo Clinic
- Mayfield Clinic
- St. Thomas HealthCare
- Bayer Consumer Care
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- National Speakers Association