Jane Durney Crowley, BSN, MHA, FACHE
Jane has been a senior leader in integrated Catholic healthcare systems for 34 years. From 2000 to 2017, Jane was Executive Vice President of Mercy Health based in Cincinnati. During her tenure at Mercy Health, Jane served as a Divisional EVP, Chief Administrative Officer, and Chief Transformation Officer.
Jane’s leadership was instrumental in Mercy Health achieving top quintile rankings for the system as a whole from 2008 to 2016. She is also credited with leading a number of transformational strategies including medical group development, EHR implementation, ACO development, and innovative acquisitions.
Jane held operations and strategy positions with Bon Secours Health System from 1983-1999, including service as the CEO of Bon Secours Baltimore Health System from 1993-1999. During her tenure at Bon Secours, the organization was recognized for innovation in building partnerships with community and public health organizations to create a wholistic system of care.
Since leaving Mercy Health in 2017, Jane has consulted with several clients in quality leadership, strategic plan development and population health and joined the O’Brien Group as a Senior Partner.
- Catholic Health Association Board Member (2015 to date)
- Diversity and Health Disparities Committee
- Finance Committee
- Premier Board (2010 – 2016)
- Quality Committee (2010 – 2016)
- Chair, 2012 – 2016
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) National Advisory Council (2012 – 2014)
- Greater Cincinnati Healthcare Collaborative (2009 – 2014)
- Chair, 2012 – 2014
- University of Maryland School of Nursing Board of Visitors (1998 – 2005)
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ENDEAVORS
- Executive Sponsor, Mercy Health
- Leadership Academy
- Preceptor, MHA and MHSA Fellows and Interns
- Mentor, mid-level leaders especially women and diverse individuals
- Founder/Sponsor Working Mothers Network at Mercy Health Home Office
- NAHSE Team Coach
- Guest Lecturer Virginia Commonwealth University MHA Program and University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives
- Master in Health Administration, with Honors, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with Honors, University of North Carolina